Brake has released a guidance report on driver training and education for employers with staff who drive for work, with support from Drivers Domain UK.com. The behaviour of drivers on the road is one of the key ways many businesses are seen by the public. Educating drivers in safe driving behaviour can help improve a companies’ reputation, reduce costs, and benefit the business – as well as helping to prevent potentially catastrophic crashes.
The report includes:
- When training and education can and should be delivered, including after risk assessments;
- How to develop the attitudes and behaviours to have a positive impact on road safety;
- Practical guidance on using training and a range of educational interventions;
- Advice on key road safety education topics: targeting young drivers, drink and drugs, speed, and distracted driving;
- Case studies from Ocado, Partners4Health NHS, and Te Puni Kokiri(TPK), the Ministry for Maori Development in the New Zealand Government.”